Mid Sussex League Lichess Tournament
|I hope everyone is keeping well in these difficult times.|
Sadly it looks like very grim news about over the board chess.for the foreseeable future.
For those of you interested in playing some fun chess online, with a team element, David Fryer of Crowborough Chess Club is running a Mid Sussex League tournament on the last Thursday of every month (next will be Oct 29th).
The MSL event is between 7:00pm – 9:00pm, time limit 10 mins plus 5 seconds, play for as long as you like. You can play as an individual but if we get 4 along then we can challenge for the team title.
To take part first request to join the Worthing Knights Chess Club Online Tournament team (I then approve) on lichess and then request to join the Mid Sussex League team (David Fryer will approve), full details below (please don’t be put off by the number of steps, it doesn’t take long and is just a one-off – just call Dave and he will help as needed).
Sent by Dave Graham on behalf of Nick Skinner, Chairman.
1) Create a lichess https://lichess.org/ account if you have not got one already (use the SIGN IN button on the top right of the screen)
2) Once signed-in to lichess, Select COMMUNITY, TEAMS
3) Select All teams
4) Search for Worthing Knights
5) Select Worthing Knights Chess Club Online Tournament
6) Select JOIN TEAM, solve the puzzle, select JOIN TEAM
Dave will then approve your request to join the team (you may have to remind him to do this!)
7) Once Dave has approved your request you now repeat the process for the lichess team Mid Sussex League
Once David Fryer has approved your request you can join the next tourney
1) Select COMMUNITY, TEAMS
2) Select Mid Sussex League
3) Select the latest tournament and JOIN making sure you choose to play for Worthing!